Monday, July 25, 2005

ugh

hey, first of all, check out the link section for the good court, evil court line-up. i woulda put those images in my profile, but they have a 50kb limit, and as much as I messed with the size/resolution of those images, I couldn't get under 50k without ruining them, so F that I said. anyway, I need a job and a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie. we sail tonight for singapore (don't fall asleep while you're ashore), cross your heart and hope to die, when you hear the children cry, let marrow, bone and cleaver choose, while making feet for children's shoes, through the alley, back from hell, when you hear that steeple bell, you must say goodbye to me. AHAHAhAhhaAAaAHHaHAAhHa


steam, steam, and other bad dreams, goin up to Harlem with a pistol in his jeans, a 50 dollar pill inside a paladin's hat, and nobodies sure where Mr. Knickerbocker's at.

just let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair, deal out jacks or better on a blanket by the stairs, I tell you all my secrets, but I lie about my past, so send me off to bed for evermore...

been listening to too much Tom Waits today, 16 men on a dead man's chest, and I been drinkin from a broken cup, two pairs of pants and a mauve vest, I'm full of bourbon and I can't stand up. Schiffer broke a bottle on morgan’s head, and I been steppin on the devil’s tail, across the stripes of a full moon’s head, and through the bars of a cuban jail, bloody fingers on a purple knife, flamingo drinking from a cocktail glass, I’m on the lawn with someone else’s wife, admire the view from up on top of the mast

yar... makes me feel like putting on the old rags and dragging myself out horrorshow across the ocean. Y'AR, I woulda made a fine pirate.

in all seriousness though, my turn: I finally figured out what everything is worth, and it's a fucking arm and a leg ya know? yeeeeah, I got my fingers sticking out the ends of arms waving through wind at the top of pine trees through glass windows looking in on stacks of books, letting my neck go limp so I can lift my head with my hands and let the heft hang like a heifer carcass off hooks, making my skin slither across the neighbor's lawn and hair bubble up like broccoli on fast-forward, it's not too late to let words traffic jam my teeth crammed like sleep in train seats riding the great deisel needle that stitches up gaps across the face of family, towns and local peagantries of goodbye, hello sounds.

so that's whats new with me.

12 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Calhoun said...

Court,
I don't know whether to be impressed or afraid. I think I will be a little of both. It bothers me that you never write back. I think you hate me because I stole your shoes.
Doug

9:21 PM  
Blogger over the shoulder said...

ahahaha, I don't hate you dewggy, but you did steal my shoes, bad doug! and I DO write back! ive written to you at least twice, just not in the last 5 days, i will i promise, just been running around looking for a job and i get sick of computers after sitting in the library. be afraid.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Conor said...

you write doug back but not me? i've written 2 emails to you, and nothing. fine.

7:03 AM  
Blogger over the shoulder said...

listen... I will! I was thinking about it last night in fact, I'm gonna send you and danielle email about us possibly hanging out this weekend since i think we are all in the general area of new york state. man, jeez,

christ! sheesh

7:54 AM  
Blogger D the M said...

First!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Conor said...

your links don't work

7:04 AM  
Blogger over the shoulder said...

y'all r queerer than me

7:43 AM  
Blogger over the shoulder said...

yeah i wish they would, i think they are in mac format since I used the comps up at hamilton to chop up the pictures, they are pretty cute/funny pictures of me from like 3rd grade looking good/evil, I'll try to get them working maybe later today if I feel motivated

9:28 AM  
Blogger D the M said...

my posts have pictures in them cause werds are for nerds. kourt = teh lame

-Dantwone

12:35 PM  
Blogger Douglas Calhoun said...

What is this? A God Damned message board? Why don't you jerks every post anything on my blogs. Fuck all of you, I am going to have a popsicle.

10:39 PM  
Blogger D the M said...

ah-ha
burn.

10:32 AM  
Blogger over the shoulder said...

julia, what are you? i mean really, this is Zach Wylde, the man knows his way around 5 strings.

the stuff in the beginning is from Tom Waits, the stuff at the end is mine, and sound is the backbone of poetry, as much as you would like it to be about how smart and special you think you are, grow up and have a little empathy for the others and the worlds they inhabit.

hope australia is funnnn!!

I'm going to go eat cannolis

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home